Thursday, March 25, 2010

First(ish) Post

Hello!

The idea of starting this blog has been hanging around the dusty corners of my brain for awhile now and I finally figured, what the hell, now is as good a time as ever, right? I tried to start a blog a year or so ago but I didn't really have anything to say, so it sat in sad, neglected, internet forgotten-dom for months until I finally deleted it (yeah, ten minutes before starting this one). This time however, I actually have something to write about....though in all honesty, I wish I didn't have THIS something to write about.

The purpose of this blog is to help me document my journey through an Allogenic Stem Cell (Bone Marrow) Transplant for the treatment of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia. I hope to use it as a means to keep in contact with my friends and family in Philadelphia after our move to Houston for the transplant and following recovery. I also felt like it would be a good idea to have something to commit to doing everyday (or at least every few days) as I go through this process. Something to focus on, I suppose. Even in writing this first post I am discovering that it is very difficult to pull what is in my head out and put it in writing. Please forgive me if my posts are unintelligible, scattered or otherwise horrible. I'm trying, I promise:)

My hope is to approach this journey in a positive way, maybe even a yogic way (CAN you approach cancer in a yogic way?). Time will tell, I guess. This is not to say that I don't anticipate bitching and whining a little bit....forgive me for that as well?

Thank you for following and awwwaaaay we gooo!

2 comments:

  1. Laura! I am going to be your biggest blogging fan. =) Love, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura....I don't know if you remember me. I was a special education teacher at C-wold but I left in September to have a baby. Anyway...I always ask Christie how you are doing. I think about you often and you are constantly in my prayers. I just wanted to let you know that you are an amazingly strong person and I truly admire you! Take care and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete